We have had some time off from any major projects so it was time to get going again. The crack in the sloped wall of our master bedroom had gotten worse over the winter. The time had come to do something about it, the plaster is the original about 160+ years old, like other walls in the house it had horsehair in it as a binder. We decided to remove the sloped wall and the ceiling, have it drywalled then Peter will paint. The ceiling had embossed wallpaper on it, under that were acoustic ceiling tiles, under that we didn't know. We soon discovered there were more bad plaster, lots of cracks but it was being held up with strapping so that was good, the drywall can go right on top.
While we (that's the "royal we"!) were at it we decided to remove the old insulation which was very old, dry wood chips (an R value of 0-1!) and have the sloped wall spray foamed for insulation.